Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Emergency Preparedness Information: Replacing Documents

How to replace lost/flood damaged documents

Here is a list of useful websites and telephone numbers:

SNAP Cards

Green Cards

Birth and Death Certificates

Louisiana Driver’s Licenses

Bank Checks, ATM/Debit Cards or Safe Deposit Boxes

Credit Cards – Contact the appropriate issuing institution: 
Credit Reports: Equifax, Experian or TransUnion
Social Security Cards
Fraud Alerts or a Credit Freeze:

Other support:

Identity Theft Resource Center
Medicare Cards
U.S. Savings Bonds
Federal Tax Returns
Military Records
Insurance Documents
Real Estate and Property Records (Mortgage Documents, Deeds, etc.)
Medical and Prescription Records
  • Call your doctor; medical and prescription records are tracked electronically.
Proof of Address/Residency
  • Contact your local utility company to obtain a recent bill.
National Archives Records
Saving family records:
Information provided by FEMA. From